The best group of the day.
I took the “twins” out for some labor day shooting. ( The twins are my matching pair of Ruger Vaqueros) I have dubbed them 58 and 57 Which happens to correspond to the first part of their serial numbers.
When my dad was out a few months ago we filed down the front sight of 58 to get it a bit more dialed in. The result worked great as you can see from the above group. before I went out on Monday I did a little work to 57 as well. I’m nearly done getting that one dialed in as well. To aid with sight acquisition I’m opening up (deeper) the rear sight as well. This require removing a bit more metal and this is a slower delicate process .